OverviewTest any IOS native, hybrid, or mobile web application using the Selenium / Webdriver API. IOS automation is as easy as automation for a browser, due to reuse of the well known API. You can reuse the helper classes from your web tests to i.e. create data, and follow the same design patterns you're used to (Page Object etc.).
High level features :
- Implements the JSON wire protocol
- Runs on emulators and devices
- Can be run as a regular node in a Selenium Grid
- Can be used in an existing Selenium Grid to manage device / simulator farm
- First class support for localized native apps ( 1 test works for all the localized versions )
- No need to change the source
- No need to jailbreak the device
- No ios-driver app to install on the phone
ios-driver has been built with scaling in mind. GUI based tests are slow by nature slow and if run sequentially take too long to provide fast feedback. By following the webdriver protocol, ios-driver can be used as a Selenium grid node, and the tests can be run in parallel on the same architecture as the one already running the web tests.
TODO doc : write an example capability matcher.